Thomas Coopers Artisan Reserve

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Description:
With an appetising soft and creamy head, bright golden yellow colour and scent of freshly cut lime and orange peel, the Artisan Reserve style brew has a balanced malt character and crisp finish in the Pilsner tradition.

Beer Characteristics
Alcohol by Volume - 5.5%

Colour - 11

Bitterness - 18

Brewing Program - Lager

Approximate Brewing Time (Primary) - 9-20 days

Inside the Box
3x E1
2x X1
2x H4
1x Y7
2x P
1x Droid Cleanse

Craig Watson

BrewArt Rookie
Hey Darren, would you mind letting me know when to add the hops on this one? do i add them with the other ingredients straight away or one into each keg once kegging?

Thanks in advance :)

Pursya

BrewArt Rookie
Thought all hops were added at kegging.
Unless bottling or Bottling/kegging. In which case hops go into Droid for 24 hours after kegging notification.
I to would like this to be clarified.

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Spot on, I have worked with the idea as per the BrewArt instructions at some point 1 pouch of hops goes into each keg.

I did stuff up though with this exact beer where I put 5L into the keg then it wouldn't keep the temperature because the liquid level was too low and kept erroring so ended up kegging the remainder into bottles after a few hours of the hops going into the BeerDroid.

Yet to try it, although noticing a hell of a lot of dregs in the bottom of the bottles going straight from the BeerDroid so I'm thinking of racking anything moving forward into cubes to get a clearer beer with next to no dregs.

In relation to adding them from the word go you would tend to lose aroma and any flavour the hops added from what I recall reading.