Lighthouse Pacific Pale

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Description:
Made in the quintessential Australian style, Lighthouse Pacific Pale is one for craft beer lovers that enjoy flavour balanced with great drinkability. The light colour and fruity aroma precede a mid-bitterness, hints of passionfruit character and a refreshing finish. Craft beer fans, looking for that extra flavour, are sure to find it illuminating.

Beer Characteristics
Alcohol by Volume - 4.5%

Colour - 9.6

Bitterness - 24

Brewing Program - Ale

Approximate Brewing Time (Primary) - 4-7 days

Inside the Box
2x E5
2x X2
2x H6
1x Y2
2x P
1x Droid Cleanse

Jaydub

BrewArt Rookie
I can highly recommend this Brewprint lads. I have kegged and bottled this batch and opened my first 740ml PET bottle tonight and it is very good. Excellent carbonation (carb drops used) and good frothy head and lacing. Could possibly do with a tough more hop aroma and flavour but all in all, I'm very pleased with the result. I hop the keg is just as good.

Deeks

BrewArt Rookie
Yeah I have heard really good things about this Lighthouse Pacific Ale BrewPrint which is why I have just ordered one in my latest order from Brewart. I think it only takes about 4 days to ferment as well which is really quick so won't have to wait too long for it.

Jaydub

BrewArt Rookie
Yep, mine was done in 4 days. I hadn't read the approx brew time so after doing the American Pale Ale which took 10 days I was shocked to see EOF in 4.

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Been a few people praise the Lighthouse Pacific Ale, 4 days tonight for mine so I'm hoping good to keg when I get home from work Friday.

How long was it left in secondary?

Seems to be a common theme with hops as well, wonder whether using pellets as you guys had said before would make any noticeable difference vs liquid hops?

All these things to look forward to playing around with :)

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the Lighthouse Pacific Pale lives to ferment another day, got up this morning and still 'brewing in progress', now well into day number 5 of primary fermentation.

With this said I added 5L of water then the yeast followed by another 5L so despite what has been said previously it doesn't seem to ferment any quicker, must have just been luck as this one is typically bang on 4 days based on other experiences.

Hopefully 5 days is enough to make all the difference, this is one I'm fairly keen to try based on the positive reviews to date.

I must say I am beginning to see the benefit of bottling even just half bottles, much easier to open a bottle and try it rather than putting a keg in the fridge or straight in the BrewFlo to find it not acceptable for whatever reason and just taking it out to secondary ferment a little more.

Deeks

BrewArt Rookie
Oh yeah the waiting to finish fermentation is a bit of a pain.
My Neder Lager is into its 12th day now so am hoping it will be done tonight since it says 9 to 12 days.
I guess the Lighthouse Pacific Ale does day 4 to 7 days so it could vary between that, it's just interesting to see the difference between different brew of the same beer but I guess it's not always that predictable.
Yeah I might start bottling half of the brews once I filled up all my kegs and let them start conditioning for as long as possible. I guess this will make it easier to test out beers before starting a keg and can also take them away to drink them. I think the beer from the BrewFlo will be a little bit different to the beer in the bottle as well to terms of head and carbonation but the taste should still be the same.

Jaydub

BrewArt Rookie
Ok, so I decided to let the rest of my brew condition a few extra days to see how they change. The taste it still the same, I think it could do with some more hops, but the carbonation was lacking in this bottle and the head was non existent. Very disappointed however I'm thinking this has something to do with possibly slightly loose caps on my PET bottle as this first one poured really well. I'm hoping that is the case because other than that, it is quite a sessionable drink.

Deeks

BrewArt Rookie
I guess loose caps wouldn't help to keep the beer carbonated.
I wonder if it would be better coming out of the BrewFlo.
I have heard a few complaints about the hops not being enough in many of the BrewPrints so I think that this is a common issue with the liquid hops they use.