BrewPrint Spreadsheet

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hi All
I put together this spreadsheet as an easy way of filtering or narrowing down a search by brew time, colour, bitterness, alcohol meanwhile being able to see what you need if you were to add items individually to your cart.

Starting out I must admit I wanted some brew's which were fairly quick to ferment so without going through each and everyone on the web page I can narrow this down very quickly.

Hopefully this is useful for many of you out there.

Cheers
Darren

Attachments

Deeks

BrewArt Rookie
That's a great spreadsheet you got there. I made one up as well which looks very similar. I also included the costs of the Brewprints as well as the cost of the individual ingredients. I have found it is cheaper to order the ingredients individually when making up Brewprints and the spreadsheet makes it a lot easier to add the correct amount of ingredients to the shopping cart which makes it quicker and easier to complete the order on the Brewart site

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
How could I have forgotten price! I knew it was missing something and you just hit the nail on the head, will have to update it when I get a chance as that's a top idea.

Interesting isn't it about adding the items individually, when I read that I'm like nah surely not but certainly is the case from the few I've tried. I think for the time being I was just adding BrewPrints just to make it easy for myself but certainly long term once I have tried all that I want I will certainly go ahead and order them individually or mix it up a little down the track.

I did consider using a script of some description to automatically add all the required items to the cart, still pondering this idea as I don't know about yourself but I find the BrewArt site fairly sluggish.

Deeks

BrewArt Rookie
I have uploaded a copy of the spreadsheet I made so you can have a look at it.
For some reason it won't let me upload an excel document so I have just uploaded a PDF file.

It probably doesn't look as good as yours and is very basic.

I have the cost of the Brewprints as well as the cost of the separate ingredients which doesn't include the liquid primer since I use dextrose now.
I also calculated the saving for each Brewprint when the ingredients are purchased separately.
There are some big cost differences when they are purchased separately.
The smallest difference in cost is for the Brewprints that use hops.

I also added the equivalent commercial product for the Brewprint although I haven't finished this for all of them since I need to do some more research.

Feel free to add this info into your spreadsheet.

Attachments

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Love your work! Will certainly collate that info in yours and add it to the mix, nice to have contributions in there as well.

There certainly is a number of savings in there to be had ranging from not much to a fair bit!! I guess the packaging is certainly pretty flashy.

I do like the 'Commercial product' addition, didn't even give that a thought.

Also didn't realise until reading your's that the one's I have brewed or about to brew were one's I've been itching to try anyway so talk about a fluke.

Just fixed up being able to add spreadsheets now, added word documents as well whilst I was at it.

parra81

BrewArt Rookie
You guys are awesome, i was thinking about this last night and was going to set one up, you have saved me heaps of time.... & help me in my quest to get that Black IPA... also surprised at some of the savings..... i have so many prints in stock so will not be buying anything, but think i will be just buying a batch of ingredients, so I can make my choice at the time....

Also with the cost, are you factoring in the 2 x Primer and Droid cleanse, as that would add $6.50 to each brew print if you purchased the brewart ones....... although i guess there are cheaper alternatives out there...

Deeks

BrewArt Rookie
Yeah I thought it would be good to have a commercial product to compare the BrewPrint with so it can make choosing a BrewPrint easier if you were going for a particular beer style or one that you had tried recently. I know the Brewart website is good at searching for BrewPrints as well but it's good to have it all laid out in a spreadsheet as well.

Glad you like the spreadsheets.
I created mine a while ago and added to it as I go but I think Darren's looks a bit better.
Just thought it would be great to share in a forum such as this.
The next step I think is trying to figure out what all the ingredients are which will make it easier to brew other recipes. I have already done it for the yeasts which is in the yeast thread.

Nah I didn't include the liquid primer and droid cleans in the cost since I use dextrose to prime and starsan to sanitise and the cost of this is quite neglible. If you want to include these costs I guess you just add $6.50 to the total cost of the ingredients.

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Just updated the spreadsheet, the first column and first row are now frozen, added price and commercial product.

Don't want to make the spreadsheet overly complicated but there's no reason at all we can't add a bit more as I think adding items individually is a great idea.

Just need Elements and Hops now, Enhancers have been identified over in the ingredients section.

We might be small but making good progress I think:Woot:

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Great to hear it going to some use, if you think something should be added by all means speak up.

Just a matter of how much detail we want to go to.

Deeks

BrewArt Rookie
That's great, it's not very hard to put the spreadsheet together but is a bit time consuming so it's good that it saves you some time.

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Just locked down attachments as well to only members rather than guests, don't mind sharing but I'm of the mindset sharing is caring would rather they be active members we share it with.

Like anything feedback is gold.

Deeks

BrewArt Rookie
Good idea to make attachments only available to members. That might persuade people that are visiting the site to join up so they can view the attachment and maybe they will even hang around if they like it.
I've seen a few guests on here at times so this site must be getting more people on it now but would be good if they can join which is really easy to do.

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Have noticed the same, it is great as we begin to see a few more people coming on board as things take off.

Just need to wait on the indexing fairies now but on that front it appears to be on the up.

Shem

BrewArt Rookie
Hi All
I put together this spreadsheet as an easy way of filtering or narrowing down a search by brew time, colour, bitterness, alcohol meanwhile being able to see what you need if you were to add items individually to your cart.

Starting out I must admit I wanted some brew's which were fairly quick to ferment so without going through each and everyone on the web page I can narrow this down very quickly.

Hopefully this is useful for many of you out there.

Cheers
Darren

Last edited:

Shem

BrewArt Rookie
I have taken both the spreadsheets available on here and combined the best of them both, changed a few things to make it easier to read and reference individual ingredients. This can be printed and kept for easy reference when making a brew and ordering online. Hopefully it helps someone..

Available in both .pdf and .xlsx formats.

Cheers guys,
Shem

Attachments

Last edited:

Deeks

BrewArt Rookie
Shem, I just checked the BrewArt site and I don't see any H5 for the Aztec Cerveza.
I just looked under the BrewPrints so was wondering where you saw this.
That's good to update the spreadsheet to work easier for you.
I only did mine as a rough one and it has worked good for me especially when ordering individual ingredients for thE BrewPrints as also when I am getting ready to start my brews.

Shem

BrewArt Rookie
Shem, I just checked the BrewArt site and I don't see any H5 for the Aztec Cerveza.
I only did mine as a rough one and it has worked good for me especially when ordering individual ingredients for thE BrewPrints as also when I am getting ready to start my brews.
Mate I stuffed that up - time to revise that spreadhseet - haha. I'm an idiot - not sure what i was looking at!

Shem

BrewArt Rookie
I actually really like your spreadsheet - just found it easier to put the elements next to the BrewPrint name and use the different / shorter ingredients list to fit everything onto 1 page. Cheers for that spreadsheet though, it really helped me when ordering and brewing.