Brewing And Recommended Secondary Fermentation Times

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Dean all updated.

You haven’t had any taste tests of the Julebryg Spiced Lager as yet? very keen to see how it turned out.

Dean

BrewArt Rookie
Yes I had a tester bottle 2 days ago , to be honest I don’t think the spice was very evident, the beer itself tasted good but maybe I was just expecting something different, the spice was very subtle , but I got plenty more to have over the next few days before I make a final review

Gordy

BrewArt Rookie
hi people, very new to this and only done a few batches...I have the Germanweissbier brewing at the moment and I have just hit 11 days 0 hours and still no EOF detected... should I still leave it for a couple more days?

Dean

BrewArt Rookie
hi people, very new to this and only done a few batches...I have the Germanweissbier brewing at the moment and I have just hit 11 days 0 hours and still no EOF detected... should I still leave it for a couple more days?
I’d leave it for a few more days, it will get there eventually but it should be done by 11 Days but trust the droid, it will know when it’s done for sure.

cactus

BrewArt Rookie
Neder Lager - 14 days 1 hour. Eagerly looking forward to this one... Not finding the ales particularly appetising, lagers on the other hand are excellent.

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
I guess might be best to up the spices a bit if its anything like adding own hop tea where hops are finally clearly evident - will await to the final verdict.

Neder Lager was superb, it was a tough choice between the Neder Lager or Lawn Mower Lager.

I think overall my preference is certainly the lagers without a doubt, did a couple of lagers to quickly fill some empty kegs so see how they turn out.

Dean

BrewArt Rookie
I guess might be best to up the spices a bit if its anything like adding own hop tea where hops are finally clearly evident - will await to the final verdict.

Neder Lager was superb, it was a tough choice between the Neder Lager or Lawn Mower Lager.

I think overall my preference is certainly the lagers without a doubt, did a couple of lagers to quickly fill some empty kegs so see how they turn out.
I took 10 500ml bottles of Julebryg to the family Xmas lunch yesterday, I had a few myself but my wife’s cousins cleaned me out of the reamaining Julebryg’s & my APA, Midlands & Pirate Life IPA Clone , after having the homebrew they didn’t want the Corona & Peroni my father in law supplied.

The consensus was that the spices were subtle but definitely there & more evident as the drink warmed up a little

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Updated the first post, 10 days again for the Lawn Mower Lager - hopefully as good as I remember it but I think hops made the difference here as you can taste them as opposed to the hop pouches.

That's good to hear Dean, on to a winner for sure, I must say I have been impressed overall of the quality coming out of the BeerDroid.

Big decision today what to put on next.

Almost does sound like it might need a bit more in the way of spices, I don't let them warm up :)

Rick

BrewArt Rookie
Brand new user, new account and I have absolutely no idea what I am doing... so be prepared for stupid comments (in other threads)... but -

First brew -
West coast pale ale,
brew time: 8 days, 1 hour.
Will keg tonight and second ferment for 3-4 weeks

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Better to learn from those making mistakes than make them yourself ;)

Shouldn’t have too many dramas though.

Welcome aboard.