BeerDroid Issue with Leaks

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for pointing that out Pursya, Liam has since suggested mere water as food grade lube may cause issues with head retention but I had used it previously with my AG setup.

Darren

Site Administrator
Staff member
Well as it turns out the spigot has a crack so not necessarily tap / drain plug so a new BeerDroid on its way.

I’ve lost count how many I have gone through now but great to see they’ve honoured the issue despite now being out of warranty due to what I still believe to be a manufacturing issue.

I am just glad only have 1 spare keg so pretty well up to date on the brewing front however thinking I want to mix it up a little and try something outside of the BrewArt recommendation and even some dry hopping.

Berry

BrewArt Rookie
Hi all, just bought a Beer droid last week and on the first brew the spigot has cracked. I lost about 2 litres of my brew. No response from Brewart at the moment as a public holiday. I am sure they will do the right thing!

Pursya

BrewArt Rookie
Hi all, just bought a Beer droid last week and on the first brew the spigot has cracked. I lost about 2 litres of my brew. No response from Brewart at the moment as a public holiday. I am sure they will do the right thing!
New or second hand Droid?

Berry

BrewArt Rookie
Well, a big thankyou to Liam for his rapid response to my leaking Droid. He has organised a replacement plus another brew is on it's way as well. We have made an attempt to salvage the brew in the Droid as well, 8l is better than nothing. Can't wait to get it all back on track and start building a stock in the kegs.

Pursya

BrewArt Rookie
Well, a big thankyou to Liam for his rapid response to my leaking Droid. He has organised a replacement plus another brew is on it's way as well. We have made an attempt to salvage the brew in the Droid as well, 8l is better than nothing. Can't wait to get it all back on track and start building a stock in the kegs.
I was just about to give you Liam’s email.
Beat me to it. And as usual response is just what I expected.
Did Liam tell you that the 8 litres is salvageable?
Because I understand other people have had issues when the level in the Droid is low. The droid relies on sensing temperature changes at different levels to determine Fermentation end.
A low brew may not detect EOF.

Berry

BrewArt Rookie
I was just about to give you Liam’s email.
Beat me to it. And as usual response is just what I expected.
Did Liam tell you that the 8 litres is salvageable?
Because I understand other people have had issues when the level in the Droid is low. The droid relies on sensing temperature changes at different levels to determine Fermentation end.
A low brew may not detect EOF.
Hi Pursya
It does look like the brew can be salvaged, it is in fermentation stage now. First attempt was less than a day fermenting.